At the Hotel Napoleon, conscious about the importance of preserving and protecting the environment, we have undertaken a program of environmental management to make an active contribution towards the improvement of the quality of life for future generations, facilitating the reduction of pollution and environmental protection.
Details of Intervention:
- From 2008 we separate collections of glass, paper and metals, oils, special waste, and have established working relationships with firms recycling 100% of cooking oil for non-food purposes, retrieving printer cartridges etc.
- In 2009 we completed the new heating system, by installing two high-efficiency boilers, and new electrical radiators, equipped with thermostatic valve. This means a saving of approximately 40% of natural gas and the reduction of about 80% of pollution emissions.
- In 2010-2011 we replace all the hotel’s lamps with last generation, low power, and high standard brightness. For each point light the saving is about 75% in terms of watt employees.
- Energy saving and combating pollution emissions also involves saving water, detergents and electricity in washing towels and sheets: at the Hotel Napoleon linen is changed daily, both for beds and bathroom. However, if our guests decide not to change their sheets, they can leave the specific label on the bed. For the towels and bathroom linen, please if a change is wanted, leave it on the floor, putting back in its place the ones that can be used again.
- Increasing staff awareness in order to avoid wastage of resources and energy: do not print when not necessary, turn off the light, the air conditioning, the heating in work environments when not necessary.